Sherwood Jr. Ambassadors Leadership Program
The Jr. Ambassador leadership program is offered to high school freshman who desire the opportunity to learn more about Sherwood and the surrounding community and how to become more involved in our city. You will meet community leaders from area businesses, government agencies, military installations, and civic organizations. You will be introduced into an environment designed to enhance and develop your leadership and networking skills which will benefit you now and in the future.
The Sherwood Chamber of Commerce provides the criteria and application materials, as well as the number of openings available, to each participating school organization. The completed application packets will be forwarded to a committee made up of educators and members of the business community. Committee representatives maintain an active role during the duration of the program.
• Be a member of a 2022-23 freshman class of a one of the three community schools in the area (Sylvan Hills High School, Abundant Life Christian Academy, Lisa Academy, or local home school student)
• Demonstrate leadership in his/her school and/or community
• Have an interest in furthering his/her knowledge about Sherwood and community leadership
• Commit to FULL PARTICIPATION in the Jr. Ambassador program. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU FEEL THAT YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO MEET THIS EXPECTATION DUE TO PARTICIPATION IN ATHLETICS, BAND, CHOIR, CHEER, DANCE, WORK, CLASSES, ETC. THEN YOU MAY NEED TO RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION TO APPLY FOR THE JR. AMBASSADOR PROGRAM.
Applications will be thoroughly reviewed. Selection criteria include:
• Commitment to personal growth
• Commitment and motivation to serve the community through volunteer work
• Personal commitment to improving the community environment to favorably impact the development and quality of the community
• Strength of endorsements
• Resume and Cover Letter
• GPA of at least 3.0
• Reliable attendance history in school
2022-23 Agenda & Contact Information
** TENTATIVE **
If you have a personal emergency that requires you to miss a Jr. Ambassador session, you must contact the Jr. Ambassador Chamber Liaison prior to the date of the session for your absence to be excused. The Jr. Ambassador program is designed to be a component of your school responsibilities, and as such we are required to notify your school of any absences. Any unexcused absences may disqualify your continuation in the program.
Should there be INCLEMENT WEATHER, please be aware that if the Pulaski County Special School District is closed, the Jr. Ambassador session will also be cancelled on that day. However, if the Pulaski
County Special School District is NOT closed but YOUR SCHOOL IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, you will be excused.
- October 12th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 1: Introduction & Teambuilding at Camp Robinson/Camp Pike/Tour
- November 9th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – TBD
- December 7th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 3: State Government/Legislative Committee Session at the Capitol
- January 11th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 4: TBD
- February 9th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 5: TBD
- March 9th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 6: TBD
- April 5th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 7: Presentation of Project Award Winners/Graduation Lunch
Sherwood Chamber of Commerce
7510 Highway 107
Main Office: 501.835.7600
Kellie Wall, Jr. Ambassador Liaison