2022-23 Sherwood Jr. Ambassador Selection
The Jr. Ambassador is a program offered to high school freshmen who desire the opportunity to learn more about Sherwood and the surrounding community and how to become more involved in our city. You will meet community leaders from area businesses, government agencies, military installations, and civic organizations. You will be introduced into an environment designed to enhance and develop your leadership and networking skills which will benefit you now and in the future.
The Sherwood Chamber of Commerce thanks you for applying to the Jr. Ambassador program.
- Please submit the online application and additional endorsements to The Sherwood Chamber of Commerce by noon (12:00 p.m.) on September 16th, 2022
Resume and Cover Letter
Please provide us with a one-page resume that includes any job experience, volunteer experience, interests, and accomplishments. Please include a separate cover letter introducing yourself and your resume and briefly, why you think you would be a good candidate for this program. Your cover letter should be an INTRODUCTION and it may refer to items on your resume, but it should not be a repeat of everything on your resume.
Once your application is received by the Sherwood Chamber, you will need to provide two completed endorsements/recommendations from two adult individuals who know you well. One endorsement should be from an adult in your school or home school co-op (teacher, coach, principal, counselor, etc.). The other recommendation should be from someone in the community.
THE NEW JR. AMBASSADOR CLASS PARTICIPANTS FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR WILL BE ANNOUNCED THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 3rd.
*** ALL APPLICATIONS ARE CONFIDENTIAL ***
** TENTATIVE **
If you have a personal emergency that requires you to miss a Jr. Ambassador session, you must contact the Jr. Ambassador Chamber Liaison prior to the date of the session for your absence to be excused. The Jr. Ambassador program is designed to be a component of your school responsibilities, and as such we are required to notify your school of any absences. Any unexcused absences may disqualify your continuation in the program.
Should there be INCLEMENT WEATHER, please be aware that if the Pulaski County Special School District is closed, the Jr. Ambassador session will also be cancelled on that day. However, if the Pulaski
County Special School District is NOT closed but YOUR SCHOOL IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, you will be excused.
- October 12th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 1: Introduction & Teambuilding at Camp Robinson/Camp Pike/Tour
- November 9th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – TBD
- December 7th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 3: State Government/Legislative Committee Session at the Capitol
- January 11th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 4: TBD
- February 9th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 5: TBD
- March 9th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 6: TBD
- April 5th 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Session 7: Presentation of Project Award Winners/Graduation Lunch